Friday, April 18, 2008

The Round Robin Photo Challenge: Variety


The Round Robin Photo Challenge!

Saturday, not only the best day of the week, because well, it's Saturday, but I get to post my Round Robin pics too! Yay!
Variety.. I had trouble thinking of something for that one, until, in a flash of inspiration.. I remembered the Tree People.

Yes. The Tree People, invented by myself, when playing with modeling clay around 5 or 6. But these Tree People, they are not all they appear! In order to stand upright, the majority of them have skeletons, made of toothpicks. Complete with joints, allowing a nice range of movement.

These Tree People came in all heights, colors, and swirls, so I thought: Hey! Variety!

And here... here are the Tree People, in all their modeling clay glory.



Honestly, I have no idea why they look like Tree People to me. They just.. do. They always have, and still do.



And.. a close up on one of them!


And there you have it, The Tree People, variety.

17 comments:

charish said...

Cool pictures.

TJ said...

Now that is creative! Very neat color combos.
Good idea...Great capture.
TJ
http://tjphotoexpressions.blogspot.com/

Robinella said...

Those are fun and colorful. I think I see tree people too. :-)

{Ãñgê£}ä said...

How fun! It's amazing how creative people can be, even at such a young age.
Great variety photo!

www.angelas-craziness.blogspot.com

Gattina said...

Very pretty and very special !

Sandcastle Momma said...

I have always been fascinated by your tree people and I love that you used them for this challenge. You have an incredible imagination!

Carly said...

How creative! I have imaginary creatures as well, I call mine the "Ooodles." I invented them in my warped brain years ago. LOL. Your tree people are so colorful, do you have a favorite color combination?

Always, Carly

Unknown said...

I love your tree people. They might be the next pet rock!! (better get them patented) Great collection and fun post. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

MariesImages said...

Well, they are very colorful & unique! Definitely a fun project!
Marie

Teena in Toronto said...

What fun!

Mine's up too :)

Nancy said...

Lol...they are kinda cute AND colorful too!

Nancy

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2008/04/18/variety/2206

Kiva said...

OMG, I adore those. Such creativity, such good photos. You rock!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Wow, those are pretty cool! And colorful, which is always a big plus. The creatures I invented as a kid (not until fifth grade, alas), the kinkolas, weren't much in the the color department being made of folded paper. Thanks for showing us your tree people!

Suzanne R said...

I think your Tree People are very fascinating and fun to look at! How creative of you! The colors are beautiful. What a neat entry!

Martha said...

Cool! I want to make some tree people! I Love them! :-)

Jan AKA Wammy said...

Tree people are cool. I need to find a way to make them to put in our garden.

Monica said...

Fun, colorful and creative!


Sorry I didn't get by sooner, I was away on vacation with limited computer time.

Monica